2. Candy Cane Cookies...
When I think of peppermint during the holiday season, candy canes are the first thing that pops into my head.
So what's better than a candy cane, other than a candy cane cookie!
During this time, sweets always make nice gifts for neighbors, the mail carrier, or even some relatives that you just aren't sure what to buy for them.
These candy cane cookies will be a big hit with everyone and they will probably come back next Christmas asking for more!
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 1/2 cup milk (use whole milk)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
• 1 egg
• 3 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon red food color
• 4 tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies
• 4 tablespoons sugar