I love cucumbers **in the summertime, they add a wonderful crisp and crunch to sandwiches, salads, and many other summer recipes. You can mix them in with your rice, beans, and even blend them together for a cool summer soup. If you enjoy them as much as I do, get creative and try one of these **8 Refreshing Cucumber Recipes for Summer...
1. Cucumber-Lime Granita Recipe...
I have a confession to make, before finding this cucumber recipe I have never heard of granita before, shocking, I know! So it seems that granita is just frozen fruit juices or in this case, frozen veggie juices. You blend the fruit to get the juice, pour it in a glass baking pan, freeze it for a few hours, scrape it to get the icy, chunky texture, freeze it for a few more hours, and then presto chango, you have yourself a cucumber-lime granita!
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 cucumbers
• 2 limes, freshly squeezed
• Line shallow dish with parchment paper. In 2-quart saucepan, beat sugar and water with whisk until blended. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until mixture becomes a thin syrup. Cool.
• Remove most of peel from cucumbers. With spoon, scoop out seeds. Chop cucumber into cubes.
• In blender, place cucumbers, lime juice and syrup. Cover; blend until smooth. Pour into dish. Cover; freeze 2 to 3 hours or until completely frozen.
• Rake fork through mixture. Serve immediately, or return granita to freezer until ready to serve.
Source: Betty Crocker