7. Egg Sandwich with Asparagus and Prosciutto...
If you are looking for an elegant egg sandwich recipe to serve during a dinner party, consider this open faced fried egg, asparagus, and prosciutto sandwich.
It looks like the egg in the photo is cooked sunny side up, but the recipe states that you can fry the egg however you like.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
• 1 fresh rosemary sprig, about 3 in.
• 2 slices crusty bread such as ciabatta, sliced 1 in.
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 large eggs
• 4 thin slices (2 oz.) prosciutto
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Heat 1 tbsp.
oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
Add asparagus and sauté until tender when pierced, about 5 minutes.
Transfer asparagus to a plate.
Add remaining oil and rosemary to pan.
Cook rosemary until oil is hot, about 2 minutes, then discard the herb.
• Put bread slices in pan and toast in oil, turning once, about 1 minute.
Sprinkle about 2 tbsp.
parmesan onto each piece of bread and cook until cheese starts to melt and bread starts to brown slightly, about 2 minutes.
Transfer bread to plates.
• Reduce heat to medium and in the same pan, gently fry both eggs to your liking.
Top each piece of bread with 2 prosciutto slices and half the asparagus.
Set an egg on top of each and sprinkle servings with salt and pepper.
I'm sure there are a million more ways to make a unique and creative egg sandwich recipe, so if you have a favorite way of cooking one up shoot us a comment and tell us all about it.
My favorite would have to be the fried egg sandwich recipe, especially now that the weather is getting cooler.
There is something so comforting about a warm, gooey, and cheesy egg sandwich on a cold night, add a bowl of hot soup and you have a complete meal!