5. Lobster Roll Summer Recipe...
I've had lobster before, but I have never had a lobster roll and this sound like an easy, on the go summer recipe that would be great for a picnic in the park.
I first saw lobster rolls over on Big Apple Noshfrom the trip she took to Connecticut with her family, so when I saw this recipe it reminded me of her post and brought me back to that good summer feeling.
Please note the recipe and directions calls for your lobster to be fully cooked before preparing this dish.
• 5 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
• 3 tablespoons minced onion
• 2 tablespoons whole milk Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 (1 1/2-pound) lobsters)
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 8 (1 1/2-ounce) hot dog buns
• 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
• "Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Add lobster to mayonnaise mixture;
Cover and chill 1 hour."
• "Brush butter evenly over cut sides of buns.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Place buns, cut sides down, in pan;
cook 2 minutes or until toasted.
Line each bun with 1 lettuce leaf;
top with 1/3 cup lobster mixture."