Grilled Cheese is my favorite comfort food for those stressful, rainy, long days when you just want something warm and gooey. I remember a cooking show from last year where I saw the best grilled cheese recipe ever! As I watching the cook make the sandwich, he not only put cheese on the inside, but he also put shredded cheddar cheese on the outside of the bread! Of course I included that **grilled cheese **sandwich with these 8 Exciting Grilled Cheese Recipes, tell me which one is your favorite...
Table of contents:
- raspberry, brie, and blue grilled cheese recipe...
- jalapeno popper grilled cheese recipe...
- bacon battered grilled cheese recipe...
- extra cheesy grilled cheese recipe...
- ham, apple and grilled cheese recipe...
- zucchini grilled cheese recipe...
- pineapple and ham grilled cheese recipe...
- spinach pesto grilled cheese recipe...
1 Raspberry, Brie, and Blue Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Who would have ever thought of putting jam on a grilled cheese sandwich! Now that I've seen this tasty grilled cheese recipe I am intrigued to test it out. Whether you use raspberry preserves like the recipe or your favorite homemade strawberry jam, I'm sure the combination of sweet and salty will be delicious.
• 2 slices whole-grain bread
• 1 teaspoon salted butter
• 1 oz Brie cheese, rind removed
• 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
• 1 teaspoon raspberry preserves
• "Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Place 1 slice, buttered side down, in small skillet. On same bread slice, carefully spread Brie (it helps to slice it a bit). Sprinkle with blue cheese. Spread raspberry preserves on unbuttered side of second bread slice. Place slice, buttered side up, on cheese-topped slice
• Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Carefully turn; press down lightly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bottom is golden brown."
2 Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Do you or anyone in your family love spicy, hot foods? If so, than this is the perfect grilled cheese recipe for you or them and my husband! I'm not sure I would be daring enough to try this jalapeno popper grilled cheese, but I do like the sound of the cream cheese and ranch mix that gets spread on top.
• 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
• 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
• 4 slices wheat or white sandwich bread
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup sliced canned jalapeño chiles, drained, patted dry and seeded
• 4 slices Cheddar cheese
• "In small bowl, stir together cream cheese and dressing mix until well blended. On 1 side of each bread slice, spread butter evenly. On unbuttered side of 2 slices, generously spread cream cheese mixture.
• On each cream cheese-topped bread slice, layer 1/4 cup jalapeños and 2 slices Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
• Heat large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook about 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and crisp. To serve, cut each sandwich in half."
3 Bacon Battered Grilled Cheese Recipe...
You had me at bacon! It sounds like the perfect ingredient to add to a grilled cheese sandwich, but until now I never thought of it. The interesting part of this sandwich is not the bacon, but the beer batter that also includes chili powder. Although you probably won't get drunk from the beer batter, you may want to make this an adult only grilled cheese recipe that parents can enjoy while watching the big game and make a kid friendly version for the little ones.
• 6 slice(s) bacon
• 4 slice(s) wheat bread
• 2 slice(s) cheddar cheese
• 2 slice(s) provolone cheese
• 1 egg
• 3/4 cup(s) beer
• 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon(s) butter
• "In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel. On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl. Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown."
4 Extra Cheesy Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Remember that extra gooey, best grilled cheese recipe that I was talking about, well here it is! If you are a cheese lover like I am than this is the grilled cheese sandwich you are going to love making time and time again. I love the crunch and crispness of the outside layer of cheddar cheese, it just melts in your mouth and puts a smile on your face.
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 8 Italian bread slices
• 4 (3/4-oz.) provolone cheese slices
• 4 (3/4-oz.) mozzarella cheese slices
• "Stir together butter and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
• Spread 1 1/2 tsp. butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses; top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
• Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted."
5 Ham, Apple and Grilled Cheese Recipe...
As you can see with the ingredients we have mentioned like raspberry jam, jalapeno, bacon, and now this one with ham and apple, grilled cheese recipes don't have to be boring any more. Let's just say these aren't your mother's grilled cheese sandwiches! The possible ingredients and spreads you can put on a grilled cheese are endless. If you want to put avocado or banana on your sandwich, why not!
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 8 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
• 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham (from deli)
• 1 medium apple, peeled, thinly sliced
• 1 cup arugula
• 4 thin slices onion, if desired 4
• slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese
• "In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and garlic. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; spread mayonnaise mixture on unbuttered side. On each of 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, layer ham, apple, arugula, onion, cheese and remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
• Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes. Place sandwiches in hot skillet; cook uncovered 6 to 9 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted."
6 Zucchini Grilled Cheese Recipe...
I love zucchini, it's one of my favorite vegetables, so you can say that I was pretty excited when I found this grilled cheese recipe featuring them as one of the main ingredients! It's great as a side dish or even in recipes like zucchini bread and I'm sure it's even tastier on this grilled cheese sandwich with the garlic, basil, and paprika pesto that is spread on top.
• 1 packed cup basil leaves
• 1 large garlic clove, coarsely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• 1 8-ounce zucchini, cut into 4 lengthwise slices
• 4 English muffins, preferably Bays split
• 4 ounces Gruyčre or Appenzeller cheese, cut into 8 thin slices
• "In a mini food processor, combine the basil, garlic and paprika and process until finely chopped. With the machine on, gradually pour in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil until blended. Season the pesto with salt.
• Light a grill. Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt. Grill over high heat until nicely charred and just tender, about 2 minutes per side. Cut each zucchini slice in half crosswise.
• Grill the English muffins, cut side down, over low heat, until just soft, about 30 seconds. Turn and grill until the muffins start to brown, about 1 minute. Spread the cut sides of the muffins with the pesto. Layer 1 slice of cheese, 2 zucchini pieces and 1 more slice of cheese on the bottom halves of each muffin. Close the sandwiches and brush the tops and bottoms with olive oil. Grill the sandwiches over low heat, turning, until they're crisp on the outside and the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes total. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve right away."
7 Pineapple and Ham Grilled Cheese Recipe...
My daughter loves hawaiian pizza so when I saw this pineapple grilled cheese recipe I thought it would be a perfect lunch for her! The sad thing is that she doesn't like cheese...so for her it will be a ham and pineapple grilled sandwich! If you love grilled pineapple and ham together I'm sure you would enjoy this sandwich as well!
• 2 slices sandwich bread
• 2 slices Swiss cheese
• 2 ounces thinly sliced ham
• 2 thin rounds pineapple
• 3 fresh basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon butter
• "Layer 1 slice sandwich bread with 1 slice Swiss cheese, ham, pineapple, fresh basil, and another slice of cheese; top with bread.
• In a skillet over medium-low, melt butter. Add sandwich. Cover; cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
• Flip; cook, covered, until cheese is melted."
8 Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Does this grilled cheese recipe not look and sound like a gourmet dish that chefs like Bobby Flay or Giada would make! It looks too pretty to eat as it oozes spinach pesto, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't eat it! Making this delicious sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries would just complete my day. You have to check out Closet Cookingto see the other amazing meals this blogger makes!
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 slices bread
• 1/2 cup graviera or gruyere, grated
• 1-3 tablespoons spinach (aka spanakopita) pesto
• Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
• Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the spinach pesto, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
• Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Source: Closet Cooking
Whether you fancy the original grilled cheese recipe or you are looking for something more exciting to spice up your grilled cheese sandwich, there is no denying how comforting this warm, gooey meal is. When you make and eat a grilled cheese recipe it takes you back to those cold and rainy days when mom made you your favorite sandwich and a bowl of soup; it just takes you home and warms your soul. Take a chance with your favorite grilled cheese recipe by adding some of these fun ingredients and come back to share your thoughts with us.
Please rate this article