I love bananas and could probably eat them all day long, so when I was thinking of ideas for new cooking posts I knew banana recipes had to be one of them. Some recipes have a strong banana taste that is overwhelming or too artificial, but I'm hoping that these recipes will be ones you will enjoy again and again. From breakfast to dessert, here are 10 Delicious and Simple Banana Recipes, which one will be your favorite...
1. Banana Pancake Recipe...
Why haven't I tried banana pancakes yet! I've had blueberry, chocolate chip, cream cheese filled, and now with this delicious looking banana recipe I will soon be able to say I have tried pancakes with bananas in them. This recipe calls for the pancakes to be made from scratch, but if you are in a hurry I'm sure a box mix will turn out just as tasty. Note, this recipe received a five star rating and excellent reviews.
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 6 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
• About 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
• 2 ripe bananas (3/4 to 1 lb. total), peeled and thinly sliced
• "In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
• In another bowl, whisk to blend eggs, buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until batter is evenly moistened.
• Ladle batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto a lightly buttered medium-hot (350°) griddle or lightly buttered 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan (or use 2 pans at the same time) over medium heat. Scatter 3 to 5 banana slices onto each pancake and cook until edges of the cake look dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn with a wide spatula and cook until browned on the bottom, 3 or 4 minutes longer.
• Serve pancakes immediately, or place in a single layer on baking sheets and keep warm in a 200° regular or convection oven until all are cooked."