Summer and seafood go together like peanut butter and jelly and with beach season just around the corner, I'll soon be enjoying summer seafood dishes filled with shrimp, crab, and scallops. I've been a fan of seafood for as long as I can remember. When I was younger my parents took us to this delicious local seafood place where we would order crab cakes, clam strips, and flounder...oh how I can't wait for summer! Bring back your childhood memories with these 7 Mouth-Watering Summer Seafood Dishes and share the good times with us...
1. Mini Corn Bread Crab Cakes...
How adorable are these mini corn bread crab cakes! I can picture this summer seafood dish as a nice, light treat for breakfast or brunch to enjoy along side a fruit salad or with hash browns. For those who don't like crab cakes or haven't yet tried them, this recipe is a new twist on the original that gives it a fresh taste you might enjoy.
• 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
• 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
• Dash of freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup sliced green onions
• 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
• 1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 teaspoon (30%-less-sodium) Old Bay seasoning
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 2 cups crumbled Buttermilk Corn Bread
• 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
• Cooking spray
• Fresh chives (optional)
• "To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; chill.
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• To prepare crab cakes, heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. Combine bell pepper mixture, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and next 6 ingredients (through Old Bay); stir in egg. Fold in Buttermilk Corn Bread and crabmeat. Scoop mixture into 16 portions (about 1/4 cup each) onto 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly cover, and refrigerate 1 hour. Uncover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet with a metal spatula. Serve with sauce. Garnish with chives, if desired."