2. Cinnamon Banana Butter Recipe...
Every time we visit our favorite bed and breakfastin Virginia we always come home with two big jars of their homemade apple butter, so when I saw this banana recipe for cinnamon banana butter I was intrigued. I would have never thought to make my own spread at home, especially with bananas, but after seeing this simple recipe I am inspired to buy some jelly jars and start cooking!
• 4 cups mashed bananas (about 8 bananas)
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 package (1 3/4 oz) fruit pectin
• 4 1/2 cups sugar
• 3 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• "In 4-quart saucepan, mix bananas, lemon juice and pectin until pectin is dissolved. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Heat to full rolling boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
• Immediately ladle jam into 8 sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars. Seal immediately. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes."