Can you believe it, Christmas and the winter holiday season is just around the corner. So what's better than peppermint recipes for winter when you are stuck inside on a cold, snowy night! Where else other than pinterest would you find inspiration for fun recipes like peppermint whoopie pies, peppermint bark, and peppermint martinis! Continue reading for more tasty ideas and 8 Sweet Peppermint Recipes to Try...
1. Peppermint Marshmallow Pops...
If you are looking for easy peppermint recipes to make with the kids this holiday season look no further! These adorable peppermint marshmallow pops can be made with a few different ingredients that you can enjoy throughout the holiday season or throughout the year. These would be a great treat for your kids to give to their teachers for a wonderful thank you gift before they go on holiday vacation.
- 1 #bag marshmallows
- 35 lollipop sticks
- 10 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tsp shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (about 20 mini candy canes)
- 1/2 cup crushed Heath or Skor bars (about 2 bars)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 35 paper candy cups
- Insert lollipop sticks deep into the marshmallows, taking care not to poke them through the other side.
- Place chocolate and shortening in a medium-sized microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Working with one marshmallow at a time, invert marshmallow and dip it into the chocolate until three-quarters of the marshmallow is coated. Tap the stick while holding the marshmallow over the bowl to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate coating with candy cane pieces, Heath Bar pieces or shredded coconut.
- Poke the lollipop stick through a paper candy cup and push up to meet marshmallow. Poke the sticks into a piece of florist's styrofoam. Let the chocolate dry. Eat!