8. Chorizo in Red Wine Tapas
Chorizo is found everywhere in Spain, and Spanish tapas are no exception. White wine is often used in cooking, but here red wine is a better choice, as it suits the strong flavour of the sausage. If you don´t like wine, then use a tomato sauce instead.
- 450g/1lb Chorizo Sausage, cut into slices 6mm/¼ inch thick
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Dry Red Wine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mixed Herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- French bread cubes to serve
Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7.
Place the sausage slices in a very shallow ovenproof dish.
Pour the wine, herbs and garlic over the sausage and bake for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with cubes of bread to soak up the sauce.
Spanish tapas are ideal to serve for a relaxed meal with friends. Instead of having to jump up every five minutes to check the food while it´s cooking, you can make many of the tapas in advance. Have you ever been to Spain, and were Spanish tapas an essential part of your holiday memories?