2. Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Do you or anyone in your family love spicy, hot foods?
If so, than this is the perfect grilled cheese recipe for you or them and my husband!
I'm not sure I would be daring enough to try this jalapeno popper grilled cheese, but I do like the sound of the cream cheese and ranch mix that gets spread on top.
• 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
• 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
• 4 slices wheat or white sandwich bread
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup sliced canned jalapeño chiles, drained, patted dry and seeded
• 4 slices Cheddar cheese
• "In small bowl, stir together cream cheese and dressing mix until well blended.
On 1 side of each bread slice, spread butter evenly.
On unbuttered side of 2 slices, generously spread cream cheese mixture.
• On each cream cheese-topped bread slice, layer 1/4 cup jalapeños and 2 slices Cheddar cheese.
Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
• Heat large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
cook about 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and crisp.
To serve, cut each sandwich in half."