Grilled Cheese is my favorite comfort food for those stressful, rainy, long days when you just want something warm and gooey. I remember a cooking show from last year where I saw the best grilled cheese recipe ever! As I watching the cook make the sandwich, he not only put cheese on the inside, but he also put shredded cheddar cheese on the outside of the bread! Of course I included that grilled cheese sandwich with these 8 Exciting Grilled Cheese Recipes, tell me which one is your favorite...
1. Raspberry, Brie, and Blue Grilled Cheese Recipe...
Who would have ever thought of putting jam on a grilled cheese sandwich! Now that I've seen this tasty grilled cheese recipe I am intrigued to test it out. Whether you use raspberry preserves like the recipe or your favorite homemade strawberry jam, I'm sure the combination of sweet and salty will be delicious.
• 2 slices whole-grain bread
• 1 teaspoon salted butter
• 1 oz Brie cheese, rind removed
• 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
• 1 teaspoon raspberry preserves
• "Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Place 1 slice, buttered side down, in small skillet. On same bread slice, carefully spread Brie (it helps to slice it a bit). Sprinkle with blue cheese. Spread raspberry preserves on unbuttered side of second bread slice. Place slice, buttered side up, on cheese-topped slice
• Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Carefully turn; press down lightly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bottom is golden brown."