3. Grilled Eggplant Provolone Summer Recipe...
What would summer recipes be without having a meal that consist only of vegetables and one that you can grow in your own garden!
I have only tried fried eggplant before so I'm looking forward to trying it grilled, especially with a recipe that includes provolone!
• 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 4 small eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 pound deli-style thick-sliced mild provolone
• "Whisk together the vinegar, oil, and oregano and brush on the cut sides of the eggplants.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Preheat a gas grill to high;
adjust the heat to medium after 15 minutes.
(If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.) Grill the eggplants cut-side down until browned, about 5 minutes.
Flip the eggplants and top each half with a slice of provolone.
Grill 3 minutes more or until the cheese is bubbly.
Top with some Grilled Salsa."
• "Rainy-Day Method: Prepare the eggplants as described above.
Heat the broiler and cook the eggplants about 6 inches from the heat, cut-side down, for 5 minutes.
Turn and broil cut-side up for about 3 minutes.
Add the provolone and broil about 3 minutes more."