2. Sesame Sauce Scallops Summer Recipe...
I love scallops, every time we go out for seafood I make sure to order them in my meal.
This easy summer recipe had me at hello when I read that it only takes 6 minutes to cook!
Who needs to go out when you can easily prepare a great seafood recipe like this one at home.
Scallops would make a nice summer appetizer or a quick dinner if you are on your way out to an event.
• 16 large sea scallops (about 1 3/4 pounds)
• 1 sliced green onion (white and green sections reserved separately)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 3 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon canola oil
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• "Remove scallops from the refrigerator, and bring them to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
In a small mixing bowl, add the white onion pieces and the next 7 ingredients (through crushed red pepper);
stir with a whisk to combine, and set aside."
• "Warm the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
When hot, add the scallops;
sprinkle scallops with the black pepper.
Cook scallops about 3 minutes on 1 side until golden brown.
Using tongs, flip the scallops and cook 2-3 more minutes or until browned.
Transfer scallops to a plate, and cover with foil.
Keep the skillet on the heat."
• "Whisk the sauce again, and add it to the pan.
Cook until the sauce boils and thickens slightly (about 45 seconds);
then remove the pan from heat.
Divide scallops among 4 plates, drizzle some of the hot sesame sauce over each portion, and garnish with a sprinkle of green onion pieces."